1. From 4th of January , NSE and BSE will start trading from 9 AM. Why ?
Ans. To compete with Singapore where trading on india’s NIFTY was taking away volumes
2. Who said “Hollywood’s a place where they’ll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss, and fifty cents for your soul.”
Ans. Marilyn Monroe
3. LAB 126 is the subsidiary of a well known dot com. It designs and markets a gadget , a rage in US. Name the company and the gadget.
Ans. Amazon, KINDLE ebook reader
4. Launched in Chennai 5 years ago.This 4 wheel mini truck has created a new category in which it now has a 90% share. Name it.
Ans. TATA ACE
5. On decades. After seventies, eighties, nineties. What was the decade that went by ?
Ans. Noughties HAPPY NEW DECADE
6. New year resolution often are about weight reduction.simple one to end the year. expand VLCC.
Ans. VANDANA LUTHRA CURLS AND CURVES
7. On newspaper tie ups. Business Standard-Financial times. Mint-WSJ .Financial chronicle- International Herald Tribune. From JAN ‘ 1 2010 Hindustan times+?
Ans. Washington Post
8. Who claimed his company was doing “God’s work” ?
Ans. Lloyd C.Blankfein, CEO of Goldman Sachs
9. After losing millions of investor’s ( incl many celebrities) money, who said ” I am sorry. I know that does’nt help you.”
Ans. Bernhard L.Madoff. He was convicted for 150 years imprisonment.
10. What do economists mean by ZIRP ?
Ans. Zero Interest Rate Policy
11. What is oselatmivir phosphate better known as ?
Ans. Tamiflu ( the drug for swine Flu)
12. Name the IBM computer designed to compete against a human in the quiz show JEOPARDY ?
Ans. What is Watson ?
13. Which company valued at $ 1 billion states “We spend more than we make .”