What is TackOn Business Quiz? Sponsored by TackOn, this post will be updated thrice in this week, each time with a set of five questions. Answers will be updated at the end of the week.
1. Which entity founded by these two gentlemen in 1837 will be introduced in India soon in a joint venture with Reliance?
2. Made in Tirunelveli from a special ‘Korai Grass’(Indian Chattai) specially for wedding ceremonies. It is a token for making the occasion memorable and has the bride and the groom’s names as well as the wedding date woven on it. Identify the geographical indicator?
3. Hailing from a family that led the Bengal Renaissance from the front. He is known for his business ventures, he was the first Indian to be the director of a bank(Union Bank). He also started the first equal Indo-European partnership company – Carr, …… and Company. Identify?
4. …… investors are institutional investors who are offered shares in an IPO a day before the offer opens. As the name suggests, they are supposed to “……” the issue by agreeing to subscribe to shares at a fixed price so that other investors may know that there is demand for the shares offered. Fill in the blank.
5. Ad by?
6. This NGO was established at Chennai in 1988 by a renowned scientist X on the recommendation by Sir C V Raman in 70’s. X describes it as an autonomous research centre for Sustainable development and Evergreen revolution. Identify X?
7. What is unique about these Meural Canvas Frames and which network enabling company based out of San Jose is making them?
9. This certification label is usually found on food packets (especially coffee and chocolate products). It was founded by Dutch development agency, aimed to create more equality between coffee producers and roasters as they recognized that the producers were not being treated fairly.
10. The company’s origins go back the mutual friendship between Mehervan Daruvala and his famous contractor friend in 1920s. Daruvala’s company had been the electrical contractor for the realty ventures of his friend. In 1973 Daruvala’s company joined forces with his friend’s investment firm to form an energy company.Identify the friend and the joint venture?
11. In 2011 this company launched Singapore’s first e-bookstore Skoob. Also launched Wavee in 2015 as a competitor to WhatsApp. Which company became the first foreign entity to own a majority stake in an Indian telecom company in 2009?
12. Toyota recently launched futuristic golf cart named Accessible People Mover (APM). They launched it to support which event?
13. Ravi Modi ‘Earned his respect’ by bootstrapping his 150sq ft store in Kolkata to a 500 crore men’s ethnic ware brand with 570 stores across India and abroad. They were the key sponsors for 4 teams during 2018 IPL. Identify the brand?
14. What was founded in 2016 by Anand, Padmanabhan, and Sanchit Mittal. Operates in Bengaluru and Hyderabad. Recently attracted investments from Hero’s Pawan Munjal, Ola etc., Identify?
15. As the legend goes, this was pronounced by no other than Lord Parameswara to be performed by his consort Parvathi to seek prosperity and happiness for the family. Thus it came to be emulated by married women who sought boons for the health, wealth and knowledge for the entire family. In some cases, women prayed for being blessed with children. The prescribed day for the pooja is the Friday of the month of Sravan in the fortnight known as Sukla paksha, preceding the full moon day. What is this about?
- Pattamadai Pai
- Dwarakanath Tagore
- Anchor Investors
- M S Swaminathan Research Foundation
- Smart Digital Frame by Netgear
- Sterling and Wilson
- Tokyo Olympics
- Varalakshmi Vratam